About this blog

In this blog I'm going to show you my watercolor paintings, and also the step by step for some of them.
I'm also going to share some of my digital artwork, 3d images created and rendered in Bryce.

I will post also some of my crafty projects and some pics of the place where I live, just for fun!
Hope you'll enjoy!!!

All images published are © Marissa Gabetta

Labels

watercolor (11) watercolor painting (11) art (8) dog (8) painting (8) custom portrait (7) portrait (7) demo (6) home (6) fun (5) face (4) step by step (4) lake (3) pet (3) pets (3) view (3) paper (2) review (2) test (2) 3d (1) Ikea (1) Marilyn Monroe (1) abstract (1) brush (1) color chart (1) drawing (1) food (1) pencil (1) sewing (1) still life (1)

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Painter's tools

I'd like to show you my favorite brushes, the ones I use the most:

These are Da Vinci brushes,  they are all (except the green one) part of a Susan Harrison Tustain signature set: the big flat one,Nova 2 inch (50mm) synthetic wash brush Series 5080 Size 50, is used only to wet the paper, the brown ones are Maestro kolinsky sable Series 11 Sizes 6 & 2,and Nova Synthetic Series 122  Sizes 4 & 2 used as "scrubbies" the mop is Artissimo quill siberian sable Series 44  Size 3, a very versatile brush that I use quite often, it's soft and holds lots of water.

I got these chinese brushes at Cheap Joe's. They are made of goat's hair and use them a lot. the round ones are very nice, as you may flat them out and get interesting textures.

These squirrel mops are Alvaro Castagnet's signature brushes, excellent material, the one I use the least is the biggest one as to me it's "too powerful".

These syntethic brushes come from Escoda and are a Jpseph Zbukvic signature set. They are excellent and I use them very very often.This is quite a relief, as when I bought the real animal's fur ones I felt so guilty knowing that their lives were taken away in order to make the brushes... :( 

Now on to my watercolors

I mainly use Winsor and Newton and Schmincke, then Holbein, Rembrandt and Daler Rowney. And my all time fav color is Quinacridone gold from W&N. I put it everywhere to give the glow I need. Couldn't live without it!!!!

And now to my studio:

I had lots of art stuff to store, and my house is not that big. so I had this idea during one of my frequent visits to the Ikea store...I saw this kitchen island, with lots of drawers and space where to keep all my stuff, and also a big surface where I can paint. I thought this was perfect so I bought it. Worth every buck I spent!!!!








Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment