About this blog

In this blog I'm going to show you my watercolor paintings, and also the step by step for some of them.
I'm also going to share some of my digital artwork, 3d images created and rendered in Bryce.

I will post also some of my crafty projects and some pics of the place where I live, just for fun!
Hope you'll enjoy!!!

All images published are © Marissa Gabetta

Labels

watercolor (11) watercolor painting (11) art (8) dog (8) painting (8) custom portrait (7) portrait (7) demo (6) home (6) fun (5) face (4) step by step (4) lake (3) pet (3) pets (3) view (3) paper (2) review (2) test (2) 3d (1) Ikea (1) Marilyn Monroe (1) abstract (1) brush (1) color chart (1) drawing (1) food (1) pencil (1) sewing (1) still life (1)

Monday, March 31, 2014

Now for some 3d stuff........

I started playing with Bryce software in the early 90's, there was a great community called 3d commune, where we used to share our artwork and get comments and ratings, and I learned a whole lot from the guys there!!!

I used to do landscapes and some surreal stuff, really loved playing with the 3d world, camera, lights, materials, textures......wow I really got lost in the virtual world....

I also created some materials, mostly waters to use in my scenes, possibilities were (nearly) endless....
Unfortunately the site was closed at one point, but still have some contacts.
One of them is a German engineer, Hubert, a very nice person, who did some outstanding abstract works, he shared with us some of his files to play with, and with those files I discovered a whole new world. He has the mathematical mind that I don't have. Kudos to my friend!!

Here are some of my works inspired by his artwork. Unfortunately, all of my old works are gone for good, as the external hd where I stored them broke.... :( (that was a real tragedy, as I also stored all my watercolor step by step, all my reference photos and so on....) There could be a chance to having it restored, but it would cost about € 700, and at the moment my budget doesn't allow me such expense...



Abstract water












Abstract water 5









Carlito's way













Flow of silver and gold












Green reflections





Hope you enjoy, will post more.

















Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment