About this blog

In this blog I'm going to show you my watercolor paintings, and also the step by step for some of them.
I'm also going to share some of my digital artwork, 3d images created and rendered in Bryce.

I will post also some of my crafty projects and some pics of the place where I live, just for fun!
Hope you'll enjoy!!!

All images published are © Marissa Gabetta

Labels

watercolor (11) watercolor painting (11) art (8) dog (8) painting (8) custom portrait (7) portrait (7) demo (6) home (6) fun (5) face (4) step by step (4) lake (3) pet (3) pets (3) view (3) paper (2) review (2) test (2) 3d (1) Ikea (1) Marilyn Monroe (1) abstract (1) brush (1) color chart (1) drawing (1) food (1) pencil (1) sewing (1) still life (1)

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Spring is coming!!!

Just a few shots I did on my terrace, it seems that winter is fading away at last, and the first signs of spring are in my vases. This puts me in a positive mood and I feel good energy flowing. I thought I'd share with you....







This is the very first flower on my tiny peach tree, love the transparency of the petals and the long harmonious stamens!















This is a pot with mixed crassulacee and muscari













This is another pot with muscari, love them, they are also called the fairies flowers, a pity they just bloom once.....














A close-up, might paint them.....














This "guest" jumped out of the closet where I keep my gardening stuff.....not really fond of it but it's part of the "game",
I've always lived downtown where the moste extreme wildlife form was some ant....it was really hard for me to get used to the variety of insects you may have as guests even inside home......terrifying at times, but must learn to live with it......





This is chives, i really use it a lot in my cooking. At the end of the season I cut it back and freeze it, so I can use it during winter.











My strawberry vase, it always gives me lots of fruit throughout the season, I mostly freeze them and when I have enough, I make some yummy jam :)









The very first violet of the season, they may be white or violet, they are so pretty but they tend to invade all pots, so during summertine I pull out most of the leaves. I had the chance to see how they do their work, if water touches their seed capsules, they just explode like bombs sending seeds everywhere. very interesting!





Melissa in a roses pot, this plant too tends to be invasive, but I keep it under control using the leaves to make a delicious liquor that my friends appreciate so much!









The very first blossom of my Pierre de Ronsard. Usually the first bloom of roses is always destroyed by cetonias (rose-chafers). The only rose that is not affected is the red one, it seems they prefer yellow, pink and white.....









Soon I will be planting the veggies; green beans from seeds and tomatoes give me the best results. Basil, paisley, rosemary, sage, thyme  and marjoran do well, I tried cucumbers but I think that having them in a pot is not good, and eggplants, but I only got 3 of them in all the season.....Salad won't grow, my terrace is facing south so too much sun......carrots vere another negative experiment......will have to think about some more veggies that can do well in pots......




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment