About this blog

In this blog I'm going to show you my watercolor paintings, and also the step by step for some of them.
I'm also going to share some of my digital artwork, 3d images created and rendered in Bryce.

I will post also some of my crafty projects and some pics of the place where I live, just for fun!
Hope you'll enjoy!!!

All images published are © Marissa Gabetta

Labels

watercolor (11) watercolor painting (11) art (8) dog (8) painting (8) custom portrait (7) portrait (7) demo (6) home (6) fun (5) face (4) step by step (4) lake (3) pet (3) pets (3) view (3) paper (2) review (2) test (2) 3d (1) Ikea (1) Marilyn Monroe (1) abstract (1) brush (1) color chart (1) drawing (1) food (1) pencil (1) sewing (1) still life (1)

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sewing

Here's a little project I did to recycle a duvet cover I had done some years ago in patchwork.




Here it was, on my old bed that I had painted and decoupaged








As it was not easy to put the duvet inside it, I decided to find some other use for it.
The first thing I came pu with was a cover for my mom's sewing machine. It originally had a wooden cabinet where it could be stored with all the accessories, but when I had to sell her home, I did not have any space to keep the whole thing, so I got rid of the wooden part and actually store the sewing machine in my cabinet.




Here I am cutting the fabric. I used a piece of fleece I had laying around as backing

















Doing some quilting....


My sewing machine, time to see if I did the measurements right..... :)












Luckily it seems I did!













The other side











And here a close-up of the quilting I did, very easy, but that's what I can do! :)
















I did a hand sewn puffy edge with a jeans blue thick silk thread.

Et voila, done! :)









Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment