About this blog

In this blog I'm going to show you my watercolor paintings, and also the step by step for some of them.
I'm also going to share some of my digital artwork, 3d images created and rendered in Bryce.

I will post also some of my crafty projects and some pics of the place where I live, just for fun!
Hope you'll enjoy!!!

All images published are © Marissa Gabetta

Labels

watercolor (11) watercolor painting (11) art (8) dog (8) painting (8) custom portrait (7) portrait (7) demo (6) home (6) fun (5) face (4) step by step (4) lake (3) pet (3) pets (3) view (3) paper (2) review (2) test (2) 3d (1) Ikea (1) Marilyn Monroe (1) abstract (1) brush (1) color chart (1) drawing (1) food (1) pencil (1) sewing (1) still life (1)

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Tod in the woods - Beagle portrait demo

Here is another beagle portrait I was asked to paint. It was done on a quart sheet of Arches 300 grs.




Here is the start, cad red, UMB, "black", yellow ochre, raw umber, lemon yellow.











Slowly building up shadows and light. Started working on the eyes with sepia and burnt sienna.










Trying to achieve depth of color and facial expression.












Now it's time for the background. I did not like the one in the photo, so I decided that placing a blurred forest would do the trick. Used lemon yellow and indian yellow, viridian, and the same colors used in the fur.








adding more color and spattering for the foliage. Used sap green, viridian and neutral tint.











And here it is, finished!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment